Tuesday 19 June 2012

Introduction

I think it was two years ago that I started buying vinyl records. I assume it was that long ago because I started full time employment around that point in history. However, my employment history isn't important to what I'm trying to do here.

I've decided to start a blog for a few reasons:

1. I apparently have no life, and can't fill the entire day with angry birds.
2. I enjoy music. Specifically old recordings.
3. I started to share my vinyl collection on facebook, and actually got positive feedback.
4. Committing a couple of hours a week to trying to write a blog will help fend off Alzheimer's. I think I heard that doing crossword puzzles does that. But I suck at crosswords/sudoku's.

So I guess I'll do one entry per week and see how it goes.

The idea is that I will be taking music straight from my records (with the help of modern technology), and placing them in a blog with a review. To hopefully avoid copyright infringement, I will include links to where you can buy it etc. To be safe I think I'll only do it one track at a time instead of entire albums. I don't really want to get sued for millions of dollars I don't have.

So I guess that's it.

It starts now.



- SD

No comments:

Post a Comment